Back to Basics: Let’s Learn to Spin!
March 4 and 11: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Yarn Divas, #10 Tache Mews West, St. Albert
Are you a yarn used who wants to create their own yarn? Are you a wheel spinner who wants something more portable for spinning? Or maybe you know how to spin on a spindle but you need a refresher. This class is for all of you! We will learn the basics of spinning and plying on a suspended spindle. We will talk about
- twist and how twist makes fibres into yarn,
- the mechanics of how your spindle works,
- different methods of plying if you only have one spindle
- how to spin from common fibre preparations, like batts and top
And then you can take your spindle and all your leftover fibre home with you to practice!
None. This class is suitable for absolute beginners or novice spinners that want a refresher on how to spin with a suspended spindle.
Tools and Supplies You Need to Bring
- A few empty toilet paper rolls
- Pen and paper to take notes